Published April 25, 2018 19:28
The foundation for a strong and healthy community starts with a strong and healthy childhood that supports children for future success as independent, stable and productive adults. The 100 new Early Learning and Child Care Centres across the province will receive funding to better support Alberta’s families with $25-a-day quality child care.
We are proud to announce we have been selected as an Early Learning and Child Care Centre.
Starting May 1/18, we will offer:
• Capped parent fees at $25/day care,
• Implement an evidence-based early learning and child care curriculum framework*
• Inclusive supports for children with diverse needs,
• Offer flexible child care by extending our hours of care from 6:45am to 6:00pm to 6:30am – 11:00pm Monday to Friday (Anticipated start date Sept 1 or earlier).
• Integrate Indigenous teachings, practices and Cree language into the children’s daily activities to build cultural learning (Anticipated start date Sept 1 or earlier).
• Increase enrollment spaces in our Centre. (Anticipated start date Sept 1 or earlier).
For more information about Alberta’s Early Learning and Child Care Centres, please click here, or contact ELCC@gov.ab.ca.
*Play, Participation, and Possibilities: An Early Learning and Child Care Curriculum Framework for Alberta by Makovichuk,L., Hewes, J., Lirette, P., & Thomas, N., is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution –NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Based on the work found at www.childcareframework.com.